Cauliflower soup is a healthy, vegan and gluten-free dish.
Cauliflower soup recipes are easy to make and you can use different ingredients like cauliflower, pumpkin puree, coconut milk or any other vegetable of your choice.
Cauliflower soups can be served hot in winter or cold in summer.
Cauliflower soup recipe is great for weight loss because cauliflowers have many nutrients and vitamins such as vitamin K which helps build strong bones.
It also contains folate which aids in cell growth and also prevents birth defects during pregnancy and potassium which regulates heart rate and blood pressure levels.
Cauliflower also has vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and reduces the risk of developing cancer.
Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous vegetable family which also includes broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage. These vegetables are known for their cancer-fighting properties.
This easy recipe for cauliflower soup is a delicious way to get more vegetables into your diet! cauliflower soup is healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and can be made ahead of time.
Plus, it’s packed with nutrients and flavor.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes more.
3. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the almond milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and blend in batches.
6. Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil (optional).
Fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Unsaturated fat: 6 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Sugar: 4 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 375 mg
Potassium: 554 mg
Vitamin A: 2% DV
Vitamin C: 107% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 4% DV
Pair cauliflower soup with the following to make a complete meal or add an extra oomph of flavor:
- Crusty bread
- Grilled cheese sandwich
- Roasted cauliflower
- Bacon bits
- Sour cream
- Parmesan cheese
To store cauliflower soup, let it cool completely then transfer it to an airtight container. cauliflower soup will last in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat it, thaw the soup overnight in the fridge then reheat it on the stove over low heat until warmed through.
Tips for making the best cauliflower soup
Here are some tips for making the best cauliflower soup:
- Add some spice with a pinch of cayenne pepper or red chili flakes.
- Roast the cauliflower before adding it to the soup for extra flavor.
- For a creamier soup, use full-fat coconut milk instead of almond milk.
- Top the soup with croutons, roasted cauliflower, or Parmesan cheese for extra flavor and texture.
Why you’ll love cauliflower soup
There are several reasons to love cauliflower soup, some of the main reasons are because it’s:
- Easy to make
- Packed with nutrients
- Can be made ahead of time
Cauliflower soup is a delicious and healthy way to get more vegetables into your diet. This cauliflower soup recipe is easy to make and delicious. Give it a try today!