We recommend starting an email list immediately to stay in touch with your customers, even if they don’t purchase anything. That allows you to develop a relationship, so you can try to convince them to make a purchase at a later time. WooCommerce supports all top email marketing services, including Constant Contact, Drip, SendInBlue, MailChimp and others.
Lead generation software
Once that’s done, you will need lead generation software to convert visitors that abandon your website to email subscribers (leads) at first, and then to paying customers eventually.
To help you do this, you can use OptinMonster, which is a paid service, but it’s one of the best around.
Search engine optimization
Next is SEO (Search Engine Optimization). WooCommerce is already optimized for SEO out of the box, but there are some tricks you can use to gain better results.
- Use Yoast SEO plugin to perform the basic SEO setup
- Add alternative text to your product images to increase traffic from image search results
- Use Yoast SEO to write search-friendly product titles
- Add SEO titles and descriptions to product categories
- Include keywords in product slugs
Prevent abandoned cart sales
Lastly, you can try to prevent abandoned cart sales by using these tips:
- Make sure the shopping cart icon is prominent and visible on your website
- Don’t hide additional costs from your customers. We recommend displaying shipping costs right on the product page or on the order form
- Make checkout faster using the Direct Checkout plugin
- Use a LiveChat plugin to increase conversions as your users will be able to ask you any questions they have quickly; sales is all about being there
- Use exit-intent popups and offer discounts or coupon codes to people that are ready to leave your website without a purchase